Friday, October 12, 2012

Rainbow Pasta

So, I remember fun colored pasta from when I was little. My husband did not! **GASP!** It is SUCH a fun craft, I decided to use it in a Children's Class this week. I just finished making it. It goes REALLY fast, and despite most online advice saying to use rubbing alcohol, I used vinegar (found that on another ladies blog!) and it worked really well for my purposes! I dyed a whole 2 lb box of pasta and have it out all drying now in well under 45 min. (Probably like 20 min, really!)

I think the smaller children especially will enjoy this craft. And if they happen to pop one in their mouth, then it's all non-toxic!

                  I did mine in handy dandy glass jars vice zippy bags

 
I added about 20 drops of color and a little vinegar...then about a cup-ish of pasta
 


This was literally after only a few min of being the the dye jar....shake, shake, shake!

They are pretty in person. And they are drying F-A-S-T!




Simple, Fun, Inexpensive, and Cheery!

 



2 comments:

  1. We made necklaces in kindergarten with colored pasta! Makes me want to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this too cute wish i was there to play with it love ya and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete