Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sad Hearts, Simple Love

Simple Love for Sad Hearts

I currently have some friends with sad hearts. Sometimes life deals us a hard hand, things well beyond our choices can take over our lives.  I know, I was there.

For about 7 years I deeply struggled with depression. It was not the "feeling blue" or "feeling down" some associate with the word depression. It was much deeper and very hard to walk through. I did not understand it for about 8 years. I did not need to understand the "why" after a while...I knew God could heal, and in time, He did!

At a ladies group recently, I brought up that we need to help other Sisters. See, for many years I had a happy face on the outside. Inside I was suffering. I know that is not exclusive to my situation. There are so many who try to "hold it all together". That is a good thing in some ways, but they need to have Sisters they can lean on in any situation when they need it. No judgement, just encouragement. We, beloved, can be that to a hurting, sad heart. We are the hands and feet of Jesus on this earth. Are we walking beside those who have sad, hurting hearts? Are we holding, are we comforting with our 'hands'?

Stepping out to do that can be so hard. I've dropped notes of encouragement in the mail to ladies I barely know. At this point in my life, after all the glorious things God has done (He has done so very, very, very much) I figure, what have I to loose? My pride? That went out the door a while back! If they think I'm a nut, that is okay! I've at least tried!!! I can live with people thinking I'm "out of it" or "off my rocker". I don't want to step into eternity and realise I could have helped a Sister in need. I don't want to find out that a Sister felt lonely & isolated when all she needed was a listening ear, a kind word, or a word of hope. I hope that goes for you as well, dear one.

We are here but a moment. Within our reach are things we can do in the physical to demonstrate the Love of God towards others...the possibilities are endless. Notes,cards, words, time, a batch of freshly baked cookies, a text,  fellowship over coffee, etc, etc, etc.....

Be encouraged to reach out beyond what is "normal" or routtine and lets live for Him. When we seek Him, our lives will be so full of so much more than we could ever think or imagine.

In closing, I leave you with this challenge & hope filled statement...

"All His Ways for All My Days"

No comments:

Post a Comment