Saturday, February 11, 2012

Small Space: Kitchen

With using my kitchen so often (I tend to cook and bake a lot), plus having it as a hub of gathering for us throughout the day (the back door is IN the kitchen!) I need to use my space wisely. I have always favored a more clean lines approach. Some pretties to look at, but most things put up. Then I moved to my ~120 sq foot kitchen AND eating area. ( It was also the laundry area (the hook ups are in the kitchen!) until I had that moved outside to the hot water heater closet.) Small, yes. Too small, no way. We have it "piled in there" but it is "orderly" and meets all of our needs.Here are some pictures. NOTE: The kitchen is under an "upgrade" currently, so I'll post those areas pics when I am done with those things.

This is our microwave in the green box. I like the look of it much more than seeing a micro in such a small space. The jars house things like lentils, dates, etc. Up was about the only direction to go and it worked out very well.


I put a little shelf up on the wall past the stove to hold my spices and seasonings so I would have ready access when cooking with them. The cabinets were oak. I hated them, so I painted them and now I really like them. Odd thing was I have never really been a mustard colored fan! Go figure!

We keep our trash under the sink. Out of sight (helps me mentally!) and the dogs can't partake that way. There is another section of cabinets past these, which house my cleaners and some school things.

We had bought this hutch for our girls room. But it is working well to house our plates, bowls, and glasses. The drawer houses our linen napkins, and the bottom...is empty! I will have to figure out what to put in there!  

Ok, this pic did not get turned up, but this is my canned goods pantry. It is SOLID and holds enough canned goods for our family for over two months. It is screened and helps me to see what we have "in stock".

No comments:

Post a Comment