Friday, February 3, 2012

Family Mill; Kitchen Island Makeover

Before our move, I had to basically get the mill out when I wanted to grind flour, but at our new home I have it mounted to a mini-island (that I redid...pics below)  so we have access to it all the time. Milling is" fun" for the whole family, and a great way to eat grains with fuller nutritional value. I got ours at Pleasant Hill. It can also convert to a food processor with other attachments available. It has a very nice capacity and is more than adequate for our family of 6. I did a lot of research and still think, after 3 years or so, that this was the right one to buy.




It is adjustable...I put it through twice to get "fluffy" flour!

We went with a manual! No plugs!
 
I found this "island" at a yard sale. I painted it, took the wheels off and put feet on it, bought imported tiles that I adore, and now it adds to the eclectic feel of our house!


It was light colored, so we roughed it up and stained it to give it an older feel, as it sits close to my grandmothers restored oak icebox. It is great becuase it doubles as my baking storage area!



No comments:

Post a Comment