Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Heirloom Seeds..Non-Hybrid

This past weekend my husband and I sat down to a planning session for our garden. We pulled last years seeds out and pleasantly have almost enough for this season! We really are trying to go with all Heirloom seeds. The non-hybrid seeds (GMO-less) do something amazing..they reproduce each year! Many folks don't realise that many seeds will not reproduce the same item the next year (basically they are one year usage seeds). That is an issue! We want to be able to grow a "true seed", one that has not been modified and can reproduce over and over. We will see how it goes this year!

We found a place that we were happy with to order seeds...it is called Sow True. They have a web site called http://www.sowtrue.com/ . My potatoes did AWESOME from them last year, and we have many seeds we are going to use this year from them. I also ordered from Gurneys, as they have a section of non- modified seeds. And I can note that I ordered a raspberry bush from Gurneys last year. It produced soooo well on the first year! I was somewhat skeptical about mail order plants, but I was amazed at that!

1 comment:

  1. Wow great amazing collections! So interesting I truly appreciated you and also got the heirloom seed tips. Let's discover your plantation of non hybrid seeds then just touch on non hybrid seeds with great advantages.

    ReplyDelete