Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feeling Better Already!

So as I think I mentioned before, we are going to forgo eating out for about 60 days (with dessert, beverages, and coffee being an exception, and if there are extenuating circumstances of course). So we are on day 2. And I can tell you I already feel better! It sounds crazy, but in just a short time I can feel an improvement.

We used to eat out a lot, and it is SO easy. No dishes to wash, and you can eat what you want when you want it! So this is not just an exercise in habits, but also in self control!!! I was really hooked on two things 1) convince; 2) getting what I wanted when I wanted it. Like if I was in the mood, a quick online escapade with Outback's website and in under 45 min I could be eating my loaded potato and my grilled chicken. Or if  we all wanted burgers, off we could run to the Cookout. There is nothing wrong, in my view, with eating out. We just were out of balance.

So after only a few days of eating in, I feel better. I will wait and see how it feels in a few weeks...hopefully even better! I am going to track my weight also. I am curious to see if simply by eating home cooked meals if my body will change. I don't have a scale yet, but hope to get one soon.

I think an added side effect of our little 60 day challenge is our kids and my time. It really does not take that long to make a delicious meal, so I am free to more time at home, and our kids will get even better foods to grow on. (side note: we have always overall  eaten well, we were not really junk food addicts....but we got off balance with our most recent move. I used to be the mom & wife that baked and made lots of yummy meals).

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an amazing task to undertake girl and I'm excited to see where it takes you all. Maybe we'll be inspired to try it ourselves!
    - April

    ReplyDelete