Friday, January 13, 2012

When The Simple Life Gets Complicated

Today was a good day. But it was not all that simple! We did our usual stuff and the children were even getting along pretty much. My husband was off an hour early for the long weekend. I cleaned out the chicken coop and as I completed that the roofer came and gave us a fair estimate for our new roof. Up to now it was all pro quot.

...But...Before the roofer left, I was in the kitchen starting supper before my shower when my son informed me that the toilet was overflowing. (We only have but one potty) I rushed to the restroom and found that he was not joking, but it was at the top. Thankfully it was clear, untainted water. I began to remedy the situation by plungering. My wonderful hubby got done with the roofer and came to my aide. I said that I was already dirty from the coop, so I could do it. After having very limited success, he stepped in to try. Still no success. At this time I noticed water leaking heavily from near the wax ring area, the base of the toilet. So we decided to replace the toilet (it was something I had wanted to do eventually anyway). Around this time we opened the shower curtain to put stuff in there till the new install was complete. We saw sewer water. YUCK. Super Yuck. Super Duper Yuck. And when this happens you cant really use ANY water from any sink in the home.

After some reading online, I came to the conclusion it was a "main line" blockage. That requires either a plumber or a tool rental from the Home Depot or Lowe's. It was about 7pm. My hubby tried some other remedy's, but they were to no avail ( but very discusting...and he did it without complaint!~). We had to call the plumber with the heavy duty equipment. Not looking good for the budget!

So now it was about 9. The plumber would be here in about an hour. And he was! Then more drama...they could not find the access they needed to the line. After looking, and clanking, and looking. It is the first cold nights in a while, and they are out there digging and looking. Then He called his boss for help to locate the line. He came out. They looked. They found! About 11 pm at this point. By 1230 all was well, except the new toilet (remember we only have one!!!!) is missing one essential part! That's right, all that drama, $300 with the plumber, and now it is 1:32 am and my dedicated man went to Wal-Mart trying to find a solution to that one part. The bathroom has had a meeting with my bleach cleaner, and soon I hope to finally get that shower I needed at 8 am!

This is life somewhat complicated even when you want it to be simple. And you know what? God is full of mercy and grace. He provided my husband to be here when this happened & children who played relatively nicely so we could find a solution to this delima. He provied us the funds to be able to fix this. He provided peace and calmness. He provided my husband and I time together. I used to spaz out at such things when they occurred, wondering how this and how that. Today He carried me through these trivial things in life with proper prospective. I give Him all the glory! He is a loving and kind God who is full of compassion. And He even cares about these little things in life that won't matter in eternity.

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment