Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Wall Treatment

Our home is older and was a rental for about the last 12 years. There was a lot of damage to walls. Some I have covered in beadboard (super cute!), but the bathroom walls were uneven in places. So I was thinking about various ways to commuflauge the blemishes. I came across the Tissue Paper idea and we thought it would be great, so off we went. It is easy, and inexpesive. And you can tweak it to your desired look.


We painted three unique colors on the walls, like color blocking. It almost looks like stucko or venitian plaster (and you can mimick that look closer if you smooth it out better). It is simple. Paint a 3x3 section with your choice of  paint color. Put up the crinkleed  tissue paper you have smoothed out a bit (the paint acts like glue.) Get it all as smooth or as wrinkled as you like. Then paint on top of it with your paint. And you are done..keep going. I like it best with darker colored paints. You can go back over with a bronzer or darker glaze to add to the look....I might do this after I get the other things left completed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment