Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Best Yet Chicken Escape...Totally Crazy!

So today was quiet and calm...mostly. Then one of my daughters went to feed a dog and found 3 of 4 chickens missing from the coop!!! She said they were in the neighbors yard! So my son and I gathered up our jackets and went to find them...and after a while of chicken chasing we caught the three escapees. The fourth had managed to yet again get out of the coop and into the yard! The amazing thing was how they managed to get to the neighbors yard. We have a 6' wooden privacy fence and they got out UNDER it! Yep, they dug a little spot over time and got out. I am most thankful they did not go to the road...we live right on a 5 lane road with a lot of traffic. IF they had feathers would have went flying!!  The spot did not appear that they could get under it, but it was the only way we can figure they could have gotten out. So I worked on placing boards up so the small gaps are even smaller. With all this new chicken drama, we are going to have to make some revisions to the chicken area!

I will try to get pics to post of the before and after. They have a lovely coop, I just wish they would stay in it! And I have to say, our neighbor (a young guy) came out to help us get the chickens...I don't pick them up too often so it was good to have others help corral them. That was a blessing too. And to make it all even better my Hubby came home with a DD coffee for me...which was nice because after catching the chickens, and working on their coop, it was cold! He did not know they had gotten loose of course, he was just being a great guy! And wouldn't you know it...I had showered and had on my clothes to go to Church tonight when I ended up crawling around in the coop:) Yuck-o! lol ;)

1 comment:

  1. Silly chickens!! ;) Thank goodness you were able to get them...
    - April

    ReplyDelete