Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Church Food Pantry Ideas

So I have an opportunity to get my food pantry ideas in front of a pantry in it's baby stages for consideration. I am super excited. And of course, all my files I had previously made for such an occasion are on my currently crashed laptop so I have made a fast redo of what I can recall this morning. I am going to next test each batch I think...to make sure my servings are accurate. Then I have a paper that goes with the box with "Meal Ideas" on creative ways to make meals using the box contents. I LOVE this idea also because you can give a list to those who want to donate items, and the recipient gets a complete "kit" . It makes it super easy for the recipient, the staff, and the givers. Win, win, win!


Here is what I have in part already crafted:

Food Boxes for 1-2 People
(1) Pancake Mix
(1) Syrup
(1) Tuna Helper/Chicken
(1) Tuna/Chicken
(1) Sm Rice
(1) Pepperoni
(1) Cooked Cereal (Oatmeal, Grits)
(1) Box Pasta (Not Spaghetti)
(1) Spaghetti
(1) Spaghetti Sauce
(4) Canned Veggies
(4) Canned/ Dry  Fruits
(1) Box Cereal
(1) Canned Milk/Powdered Milk
(1) Bag Beans or (3) Canned Beans
(1) Portion Flour, Oil
Spice Packet

These Meals Can Be Made with the Above Items: (26 meals total)

Pancakes with Syrup (x4)
Rice and Beans (X3)
Cooked Cereal with Fruit (x3)
Veggie Soup with Fried Bread (X2)
Tuna Helper (x2)
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
Rice with Pepperoni; Veggie
Fruit and  Pancakes
Box Cereal; Fruit (3)
Easy Muffins; Beans
Rice Pudding; Fruit
Fried Bread with Beans
Pasta with Diced Pepperoni
Fry Bread Pizza
Pasta with Veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment