Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tutu Cutie; Tutu Thrifty!

My daughters are going to the Daddy Daughter Dance aboard our base. It is a night for the girls to get to be the " Princess", or in our case the princesses! So, after finding tutu dresses online I liked, I decided to try to be mindful of our budget and our desire to simplify. So I set out to make something for her myself. The ones online I liked ranged in price from about $45-$100. I looked at one helpful You Tube video.(Link here..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7aSPMEn7S0). Then I set out one evening to the fabric store and found EVERYTHING I needed on sale (God is so merciful!). I spent about $13 and knew I had bought a bit extra of the ribbon and fabrics. I splurged and got glittery fabric...seriously, soooo cute! What little girl does not like a little sparkle?!?!

So here are my results. These things are super easy to make. And she is sooo happy with it. I made her a bow to go with it also out of scraps. She is wearing a dress under it for the dance that my sister-in-law graciously passed down her from her daughter. (She is not wearing the dress in the pics, just a tee. This was a quickie try on!!)




She has been wearing this bow for two days! She loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh it's beautiful Cathy!!!! Abbs looks SO cute. ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete