Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holidays in a Small Home

We just celebrated our first Christmas in our limited space home. We chose to have no tree...there just was no way to put one up without moving something out, like seating!  So it was a minimalist decor year! Next year we might do an outdoor tree for the birds and squirrels. That was actually my idea for this year, but it was soooo warm here that I thought the tree might just not make it till Christmas.

Now we are looking towards Valentine's Day...it is one of my top favorites. I am not all that into the gushy romantic side of it, but into the greatness of the Love aspect. As a Christian, I think that is the very best thing ever...to celebrate Love...true Love...not love as the culture defines it, but rather as God does. So I have been planning on how we will decorate for that!

Trying to simplify means I need to curb my desire to just go buy stuff and use what I have if I can. I did that in part this weekend and am SO happy with the results. I pulled out some fabric I had stored (I drastically reduced my fabric stash when I moved...) and two disposable plates and made this cute wreath while we watched a kids movie together. I am happy with it. Not sure where it will go just yet...perhaps on our covered porch or on our backdoor.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out great Cathy!! I think using what we have for things like this is always a rockin' decision. ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete