Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ways To Bless Yourself

Now a days, people want to be blessed. Sadly, many of us miss the way to be blessed. It is TO bless others, with expecting nothing in return! So here are some easy, fun ways to bless others. I hope to try to do every one on the list soon!

Pay for the person's coffee that is behind you in line at the coffee shoppe drive thru. Just ask the guy how much their order is, then pay it. Then get your stuff and drive off. You don't get to see the person or their reaction, it it doing for others. If you see the mom in the car behind you looks worn out, this is a great way to encourage them!

Keep $5 and $10  giftcards in your purse. I keep two $5 gift cards to Dollar General in my purse currently. I would like to also keep some to McDonald's. Then if I see somebody in need (like a homeless person, a mom in the store looking at diapers who you can tell needs a boost, whomever) I can simply hand them the card. I like the Dollar General because they have a big selection of $1 food items and are located "all over the place" where I live. If you can do $20 cards, GREAT!

Write a Snail Mail note to someone. Just a thinking of you card or note can mean so much. Just because someone looks like they have it all together does not mean they do! (A lady told my husband how I am always upbeat and have it together! HA! If only they knew!)  I have been blessed by cards from my friends.

Bake some goodies for a shut in or widowed person. Widows and Widowers, and Shut Ins can use our encouragement! Bake a loaf of Banana Bread, in three mini loaf pans. It costs about $1.50 for the mix at the store. It takes less than an hour and a half of your time to bake and deliver it to them. They don't need a whole loaf so the mini- ones are great. Let your kids draw them pictures so they have something fun to look at (it does not have to be perfect....!!)

Take something to a neighbor and be nice! I have neighbors that I hope to take some bread and eggs to soon. One side is an older couple, and the other side is a house filled with young people. I hope to take the younger people a basket of baked goodies (I doubt they cook too much!) You don't have to go in and chat. Just ding the bell and say something like Hi, I live there and just wanted to share these things with you & Have a great day!

Offer to help when you get the chance. IF YOU CAN. Don't offer if you wont follow thru, or if you don't have the ability. If a friend says she has SO much laundry, offer to pop by and pick it up and let her know it will be delivered in a day or two, all folded and clean. If a mom has several little ones, stop by with a tote of books, snacks,  games so she and her little ones can sit on the couch while you do a quick cleaning of the bathroom and the kitchen. There are a thousand ways you can help someone!

And lastly, you can help by getting good quality canned goods to donate to your Church's food pantry or a local pantry in your area. Don't buy stuff you would not eat. Don't buy stuff you need to add lots of other ingredients to, they might not have them.

Happy Blessing Time!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous!!! Such great ideas and they would all mean SO much to the recipient. I really love the idea of keeping the gift cards in my purse to hand out...what a blessing!
    - April

    ReplyDelete