Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Games! Games! Simple Family Time!

We really enjoy games. And now that our kids can play more than Candyland and Uno, it is getting even better! We have been expanding our collection via thrift stores and amazon. It is great way to spend time together chatting and having fun. I try to get games that teach the brain as well as those that are fun to play. So here are our newer games that we enjoy.

Sequence: States and Capitals.... My husband and I play this a lot. It is fun mentally stimulating. Ages 7 and up it says...

Qwirkle ...This is SO fun! Plus the blocks double with younger kids to sort and build with. I play this with all our kids, even the 4 year old is learning the  rules, &  my hubby and I play too!

Rush Hour...the Jr and the regular versions.This is a solo game. It is GREAT! And there are expander packs for it. This is portable and great for the car, Dr office waits, or quiet time.

Top Trumps...USA....We enjoy this. At first I thought we will learn nothing from it! Many rounds later, and I learned I was wrong!

Hidden Hints....this is a neat game. I thought it was boring at first. Not anymore!

In a pickle...great party game...fast paced, great with a group

The LadyBug Game...good for all under age 8. More complex than CandyLand. Enjoyable.

The Scrambles States of America...super fast & fun

Spot It...looks so simple, not so! Five variations of play with the deck. Fun!

Trigger...good for thinking and fun. Great for laughs!

No Stress Chess...teaches you how to play chess, the also doubles as a regular chess set. Great!'

Scrabble...Slam...good for younger kids and for a quick game. We end up with laughs on this one!

1 comment:

  1. Some of these sound really cool girl! Thanks for the suggestions...
    - April

    ReplyDelete