Monday, January 9, 2012

Neat Idea For Under Sinks

So I detest a mess under my sinks. I like for it to look all clean and sparkly under there.  But, it gets gross under where the the trash cans are (we have under the sink cans in both the kitchen and the restroom) A yogurt misses the target and spatters and so forth...so I found this tip to be helpful unless you have metal cabinets...

Go to your local Habitat For Humanity (or Lowes!) and pick up some ceramic tiles. Then simply line them under your cabinet. I used 6x6 tiles and it took about 10 to do under my sink (and they were beautiful and only $.25 each!). Then when it gets yucky, I can just spray and wipe them off, or take them out and bleach them. It protects my wooden cabinet floors from anything sticking to and or leaking onto the wood base. I did put contact paper under the ones in the kitchen as an added layer of protection.

An inexpensive and good way to help protect your cabinets and make it easy to clean!

1 comment: