Thursday, January 19, 2012

Friends & Stress

Last week a friend got some sad news...her hubby will be leaving for a year..three weeks earlier than they thought. I had the blessing to be able to encourage her. I prefer to be the encourager, but.....

Yesterday and Today I had the privilege to share with my dear friend. I was feeling overwhelmed and upset. So much to do, lists to be completed. Like a hamsters wheel, never ending A mason jar of soup I was taking to someone spilled all over my car floor, that was the "melting point" for me. . She was so kind. She used her time to encourage me. To remind me of ways to help things. What a gift, priceless friendship.

I knew my vision was blurred by my emotion. But my friend helped me to see clearer, to regroup.

I want to do it ALL. I don't like any part of my home or life off balance much. I spaz out, get cranky, get angry. Oh, I have gotten MUCH better than I used to be (even so says my husband!), but I still fall so very short. I get cranky, then I get frustrated with myself for being cranky or short with my words. So the cycle goes for a bit.

BUT, we must keep our eye on the prize.We must do what is more important, not what we necessarily want. My friend reminded me to make a list of what is important, then do those things first. And I remembered what I have been thinking about lately...He won't give me more than I can handle. He gives me just enough time each day to accomplish all He needs me to. When my vision gets foggy, I can't see that. With my vision cleared, it is so obvious.

I am just so thankful I have a few good friends I can be candid with. It is hard, because I feel so silly telling them my issues. They see the good, the bad, and the ugly. And they even stick around after seeing all the bad and ugly! We can encourage each other to live for Him, for His highest. Those are the treasures in life that make even days like this one so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful that we are friends, and that I can be there for you when you need me girl. I love you bunches! ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete